Monday, July 27, 2015

Miracles Happen

July 13, 2015
Wow. Just wow. This week has been INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Oh my goodness where do I start??

SO Monday, I forgot to tell you the reason I was so late emailing was because we had a lesson that day with our investigator Dawn. Dawn is a difficult one... She has tons of great questions but they are questions we don't quite have the answer to :) Like where did God come from and who is Heavenly Mother? Yeah, I know... So we are trying to just keep her focused on the basic stuff and get her trying to find a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith because that is what is truly important. We just aren't going to have all the answers to those deep questions in this life, one day, but that day is not today:) So that was fun!!

Tuesday,we had the most incredible Zone Training Meeting EVER!!! Let me just tell you that our Zone Leaders are pretty amazing!! They definitely have an amazing gift to speak with power and authority and they got us all pumped to go out and find new investigators and baptize like crazy!! We are focusing on replacing fear with faith this moth and the hashtag is actually #dontbeshyjuly which is exactly what I needed to motivate me to talk to everyone I see on the street!! Oh and don't worry, the miracle is coming...

Then most of the rest of the week we have just been contacting people like crazy!! We have so many that are close to being considered new investigators. We had some pretty powerful conversations with people and even taught a few short lessons on the street. But it wasn't until we were going back to contact this one lady that had told us to come back numerous times (and her kids love us!) we saw this man sitting outside with his two daughters so I was just thinking hey we need to go talk to him because I had set a goal that I wanted to talk to everyone I saw. So we went over there and we taught pretty much the first lesson and he wanted us to come back and teach his girls about Jesus Christ!!! Now this might not seem like the hugest miracle to you but you have to understand rarely anyone asks US to come back we usually have to ask them if we can come back and so we know he is solid!!! We know that there is going to be more miracles to come!! Great things are already happening!!! I am just loving this work and really starting to see how the Lord blesses us when we put everything we have into His work!!

Other than that we had an amazing Stampede pancake breakfast where we were able to give a church tour to some people (my first church tour!) and they don't live in our area but hopefully they will be some other missionaries miracle!! We also had an amazing relief society activity on how to care for our skin in these hot days (and it has been hot!!) and so now I know which sunscreen is best to use and what the different things on the sunscreen bottle mean!! It was very useful!! Apparently anything over 50 SPF is pretty much the same. And there are physical and chemical suncreens. Physical sunscreen acts like clothing over your skin!! Pretty cool!! And I am going to buy some today!!! Because I have been getting a lot of sun!! And next month is walk and talk August so pretty much they take away our cars and we have to walk everywhere... so yeah... 

I have just learned so much this week and I wish I could tell you it all but I just don't have enough time... But I just love the mission and I grow so much each day!! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new!! And I LOVE it!!! I did get the package last Monday!!! Thank you so much for the cds and bracelet!!! I love it!!!! You guys are the best!!! Remember to put the Lord first in everything you do!!!!

Love,
Sister Hatch

Scripture of the Week:

"  Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments." (Helaman 10:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment