Monday, July 27, 2015

Busy Busy Busy

July 6, 2015
Oh my goodness gracious!!!!! This week has been the busiest week of my entire mission!!!!! South Calgary does not mess around!! We have so much to do I feel I don't even have time to breathe sometimes!! But I am definitely not complaining!! It is SO much better than not having anything to do!

So Sister Anthian and I went through the area books in our wards and first let me just tell you they are a lot different from Airdrie area books! I think it was good that I started in Airdrie because I truly didn't know how slow the work was there until I got out of Airdrie and now I know!! They had tons of former investigators in these area books who had tons of potential!! So we went through all the names and wrote down the ones with real potential and found almost 30 that we could stop by and visit!!! 30!!! I am just still in so much shock!! So we have been trying to contact them all this week and have so far found 8 pretty solid potentials who have told us to come back!!! So we are going to be having a lot of investigators soon!!! I am so excited!!!! Baptisms are coming!!

Then we met the new mission President and his wife and they are SUPER nice!! I already love them to death!!! And one of his sons went on a mission to Tempe!! He spoke about how we can't really control numbers but we can control ourselves. So the things we need to focus on is our obedience, diligence, and gaining of knowledge and then the numbers will fall into place!! And I honestly believe that!! When we are putting our whole heart and soul into the work we are blessed for it!! I have definitely seen that just this week! 

Stampede has started and so that means lots of free pancake breakfasts for us!!! And lots more people to meet at those free pancake breakfasts!! So we are excited about that!! 

Our Zone also set a goal to find 30 new investigators this month! We are going to start doing waffle wednesdays and family history events to make that happen so I am going to need to learn more information on my ancestors. If we have any really cool stories of our ancestors send them my way because I will need them!!

It has also been extremely hot!!! It really feels like Arizona sometimes but then the wind comes and saves me!!! No one has air conditioning here so there is no where to escape the heat!! That's the worst part!! And we have been having crazy thunderstorms!! It's fun!!

I have been without medication for a week now, but oddly enough I don't feel horrible... I honestly thought I would barely be able to walk but the Lord has blessed me and I have only felt a little more sore than normal. I even fasted yesterday and I usually get really weak and sore when I fast but that didn't happen at all!! I know the Lord is protecting me and I am grateful for that!! Who needs medication when you have God?? haha:)

Well I am sorry I am late writing to you but I finally got to write so that's all that matters!! I didn't forget about you, I promise!! I love you all!!! Oh and Mom, for the pictures, I just pictures where the whole family is in it or the majority of us. Old, new it doesn't matter to me. Thanks!!

Love,
Sister Hatch



Scripture  of the Week:

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive" (Eph. 4:11-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment