Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Happy Family Day

February 15,2016

It's Family Day today!!! A Canadian holiday all about spending time with your family!! How great is that?? We should really have a holiday like that in the States!!

Anyways because it is Family Day, the temple was open!!! So we went and did a session in the temple this morning!! And the best part is I took my own name with me that I found doing family history work!!! So cool!!! I am all about family history work now that I know how to do it! It was a great way to spend family day! 

We also got to go and clean the temple last Thursday so I have gotten a lot of temple in this week which I love!! It is just so peaceful and every time I go I just feel so completely clean! Best feeling in  the world!! And this time when we cleaned we got to clean the big chandelier in the Celestial Room!!! It was so absolutely amazing!! I can't wait when I get home so I can go to the temple however many times I would like! 

Other than the temple this week has been pretty slow... Just like any other week that we don't have the car:) But we had some pretty good laughs!! Sister Jensen is pretty hilarious!! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!!!

One thing that I have learned a lot about lately, though, is how pride is the ultimate sin! We all have bits of pride and we are working on the Christlike attribute of humility this transfer as a zone. I have learned so much!! Pretty much any bad trait is rooted back to pride, like disobedience and contention, etc... So we can all try to humble ourselves a little more and think of others. If you are looking for a good read or something to make you think a little harder you should read the talk "Love Is Blind" by Bruce C. Hafen on speeches.byu.edu. It is such an amazing talk!!!

Well I hope your Valentine's Day was amazing just like you!!! I love you all and miss you tons!! Remember God loves you infinitely!!!

Love,
Sister Hatch

"And this they did, it being itheir view testimony to God, and also to men, that they never would use weapons again for the shedding of man’s blood; and this they did,vouching and covenanting with God, that rather than shed the blood of their brethren they would give up their own lives; and rather than take away from brother they would give unto him; and rather than spend their dayin idleness they would labor abundantly with their hands." (Alma 24:18)







No comments:

Post a Comment