Monday, March 23, 2015

Facebook Official

March 23, 2015

Hello Family and Friends!!!!!!

This week has been a rougher one for me. It is very hard to constantly have rejection in your life and even harder when you have appointments scheduled and then they cancel on you last minute! But I am trying to get used to it... It is just that we have this potential Brittany that I think I told yuo about last week. I had tracted into her with Sister Kolkova and we finally got in contact with her and had an appointment and everything set up with her and I felt SO good about her and I still do but then she cancelled. We rescheduled and she cancelled again!! I don't want to sound so negative but it is really hard for me to feel like something good is going to come and then it's taken away and after working so hard!

But on a better note we do have a baptism this Saturday! I just don't feel as excited about it because I don't really know the Sister and we didn't ever teach her so I don't feel as apart of it. I am just hoping it sparks some kind of fire in the ward and shows them that baptisms can happen and then they will help us more! I am excited for the baptism, don't get me wrong, it's just different because I don't feel like it's ours...

We are still giving Brother Topley time to read the BOM so we will see how that goes next week:) He is still coming to church every week so everything is still good there! 

Oh and the other day in the middle of our studies one morning a Jehovah's Witness came to our door:) It was kind of cool to be on the other side of tracting haha and helped me even to see what I could do better with tracting. She was kind of just splurting out tons of information and handing me pamphlets and it made me realize that is probably what we look like. So I realized we need to just keep it simple because no one knows what we are talking about at first. Anyways it was a strange experience and she wanted to come back so maybe I looked too interested:) I did tell her I was an LDS missionary but she didn't seem to care haha:)

And I bet you've seen me on Facebook lately!! It has been fun cleaning up my Facebook... haha:) I don't have nearly as much stuff as Sister Hooker did though... She is actually still not done cleaning her Facebook and it has been a week:) I am glad I didn't use it that much before my mission! But it is really cool to be able to see more of what I have been missing out on but it also makes me more homesick. I am doing pretty good now though. It just took a while to get used to:) It is also a little bit harder with Sister Hooker being so close to the end of her mission because she is pretty trunky and I have to remind myself that I am still at the beginning haha. Anyways sorry for this super negative letter I guess I have just been having a hard time. But I know that this week we will be better! We are so close to having 20 appointments set up so hopefully we can stay busier!! And Conference is so close! I can't wait!!!

I love you guys and miss you so much!!! Thank you all for writing me and keeping me updated! It sounds like you all are having a great time and I can't believe school is so close to an end! Exciting!!

Love,
Sister Hatch


Scripture of the Week:

 "Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
  I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.
And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.
 He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.
 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.
And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me."
(1 Nephi 4:17-24)
This is a great chapter! We will always feel weak and hopeless but through Christ we can overcome those negative feelings! Through the Lord we can feel unstoppable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment