Friday, December 4, 2015

November 23,2015
Hola Familia!!!! 

This week has had it's ups and downs just like any other week. But like always the ups always out weigh the downs, if they didn't then I probably wouldn't still be out here because mission are dang hard! 

Well to start out the week we got a new investigator, Rita!!! The Elders actually tracted into her for us and she said she was looking for a church so whal-la!!! We went over and she let us in and we taught part of the first lesson and then her friend came over and was interested too!! She doesn't live in our area but it was a fabulous miracle and Rita should be coming to church on Sunday!! WOOT! WOOT!! 

Tuesday we had Zone Conference as you already heard about and yes I sang a duet with an Elder. But don't you be getting any ideas it was just a song:) And Zone Conference was awesome!!! Again I was reminded that I need to focus on the Savior in everything I do. I'm still working on that but I think that will be a life long process! 

Then we had exchanges on Wednesday!! I just love the STL's!!! Good times! 

Thursday was my official year mark!!!! Ahhhh!!! I can't believe I have been gone for so long! It is scary but exciting to have only six months. You guys, what am I going to do with my life when I get home?? I have no plans!! The Lord will provide hopefully...

We picked up another investigator, Jonathan!!! The boy from the part member family I have been talking about. He is YSA age so we will have to be passing him off soon but he isn't quite ready yet:)

Sad day was Friday when two of our investigators dropped us... And we had dinner with Sarah and she pretty much told us she was just being nice in letting us teach her... She had so much promise and then it was all fake! What?? We are still going to read scriptures with her but I don't think she will be getting baptized any time soon...

 So yes I was a little depressed on Saturday and I had a slight break down because I really felt that all of our hard work was for nothing... But everything was brought back up when we had a lesson with one of our less actives Sister Hartgerink. First let me just explain that Sister Hartgerink is the type of person that gets tattoos and drinks and believes that the church is controlling us because it is too much to live by. And so usually every time we go over we usually just read scriptures with the kids and if we do have a spiritual discussion with her it usually ends in a contentious arguement. BUT this time was different... We spent 2 1/2 hours at her house that started out the same as always but she felt the spirit!!!!!! She teared up at least twice and I don;t even know how it happened but she wants the gospel for her kids, she knows it is true she just isn't willing to try it out in her life! But she will let us start teaching her and her husband the lessons again!! AND if  you didn't think 2 1/2 hours was enough, she called us right after we left and talked to us for another half hour!! What is life?? I don't know what happened that night to change her mind but all I know is that she couldn't get enough! I love this gospel!!!

Then Sunday was the Montreal Temple Dedication that all of Canada got to see. This was the first week that we had to tell our investigators that they couldn't come to church. Which was a not so fun change... But progress is being made with the less actives here and I am so stoked for their change!!! 

I am still awaiting the package but we will be going to the mission office this week so I will check then. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Don't eat too much turkey, you turkeys!!! I love you guys!!! Happy early Birthday Mom!!!! I am sending you a package today!!:)

Love,
Sister Hatch

  "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
And Jesus said unto them, am the bread of lifehe that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." (John 6:32-35)

President and Sister Miles

Elder Snow made at craft night

Montreal Temple Dedication

No comments:

Post a Comment