Thursday, February 4, 2016

Another Transfer Down

February 1, 2016
Another transfer come and gone! And we made it through! I am still on a three leg!! WOOT! WOOT!

Things have kind of been a little bit frustrating lately because all our investigators have gone downhill... No one is really progressing but I guess that is a sign that we need to work harder to find new ones:) Some incredible news though!!! Sarah, my investigator in my last area, got baptized last week!!! I am so sad I couldn't go BUT I am so extremely happy for her!!! 

 With a start of a new transfer, it is a new beginning! We are starting to focus on Christlike attributes and so our Zone chose to work on humility and I personally chose to work on obedience. I have been getting very lax in my obedience which I feel should be the opposite. Because I am getting closer to the end of my mission, I want to do the best I can with the time I have left in being the best missionary I possibly can be! I don't have time to waste! 

President Miles' letter really helped me today though to not be so hard on myself and recognize why I have been feeling the way I have been lately. He is just so inspired!!! He said, "Not only is He pleased with you but He accepts you just the way you are.  Because of God’s love for us He shows us our weaknesses so that we can change and become like Him.  Please don’t think of your weaknesses, and we all have them, as God not accepting our service or not being well pleased with us.  The Lord ‘chastens those He loves’.  Through Christ and the divine principle of repentance we change our attitudes, or behavior, and our very souls, as we draw nearer to God.  The only way this change occurs is with some pain on our own.  Sometimes the pain is manifest in discouragement, feelings of little worth, or through sin.  The Lord brings to light those areas of our life where we can improve on.  This is a manifestation of His love, not his displeasure in us.  It’s His way of helping us become in this life all that He desires.  Through this process we experience a ‘fullness of joy in this life and in the life to come’." Isn't he great?

I am so grateful for this chance to be on a mission and I want to do all I can while I am here to help the people of Canada have a relationship with God! The gospel is so good!! Christ is so merciful and the Plan of Happiness is so real! Don't ever forget the worth have according to God! Only His opinion matters in the end!:) 

I love you!!

Love,
Sister Hatch

Spa Night



The Baptism of Sarah one of her investigators from her last area.


No comments:

Post a Comment