Monday, May 4, 2015

Jehovah's Witnesses

April 20,2015
Heeeeellllllllooooo!!!!!

My skype with Dr. Howard went great!! There is a super nice lady in 1st ward that let me skype, I love her so much!!! She is literally like a 3rd grandma:) Dr. Howard just said to keep doing what I'm doing and that I should get an eye exam... I don't know how to go about doing that and I thought I wouldn't have to worry about that but I will talk to President Nicholas about it. We have Zone Conference this week so I will see him then:) 

This week has been kind of lame again because we didn't have too many appointments and Sister Gleason has been sick. We have been working on a lot of finding but no one is interested so it has been pretty sad this week... I just feel bad because I have no idea what to do to stay busy anymore. I'm always like we can go tracting again but that hasn't really been working lately... 

I am glad you sent my meds because I was going to ask you to send them this week. I haven't run out yet but I will need some soon:)

The other day though as we were just walking along a car pulled up to us and guess who was inside?? Jehovah's Witnesses!! Yep they pulled right up to us in the car and started talking to us:) JW's are everywhere around here but usually they are too afraid of us to come up to us haha:) I guess it's because we are sisters and they were female as well so we weren't too intimidating. But we got talking about the Bible and the BOM and we actually ended up giving them a BOM which is really hard to do with JW's because they never take them! But they had given us a book and so we were like you should read our book too and we also snuck a Restoration pamphlet in there too without them knowing haha:) I hope they read it!! But we exchanged numbers and they really want to meet with us we just don't know how productive that will be. It would probably just be Bible bashing the whole time so we probably won't do that...

Anyways. Saturday night we had a ward party where different members of the ward came and presented the missions they had served in and brought food from their country or state. It was pretty fun!! I had some patte (I think that's how you spell it...) but essentially it is liver that you can spread on bread. It wasn't too bad just tasted very peppery but I probably wouldn't eat it again:) 

We also met with the Topleys again last night! He is still progressing he just needs to make the decision to be baptized. There is literally nothing else we can do for him, he just needs to do it!!! Patience, patience, patience...

We also got a tour of our soon to be new home next week. The Dunnes (the people who are leaving and the place we are moving into) have left today for the MTC!!! I will miss them but they will have so much fun in the Phillipines! I am so excited for them! 

I can't wait to skype you guys so soon!!!! I love you all so much!!!!! Have a great week! And Happy Early Birthday again Ashlyn! I love you!!!:)

Love,
Sister Hatch


Scripture of the week:
    "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are"
1 Corinthians 1:25-28

No comments:

Post a Comment