Monday, May 4, 2015

The Big Move

May 4,2014
This week was so good!!!!!!! So our week started out slow (just like mostly every week) but then we were able to have some really cool experiences!!

So Friday we moved into our new place! It is super nice and cozy, just the perfect size for two people! But the lady that lived there before was amazing at keeping things clean! I love to clean but that house is spotless so I feel like I can't touch anything or I will mess it up!! It is very nice though and I will send some pictures because Brenna wanted to see them:) 
The First morning we were there I was cooking some sausages for breakfast and it got pretty smoky and it totally made the fire alarm go off so that was a pretty crazy morning!! We woke up the whole rest of the house but the best part was that me and Sister Gleason were so clam because we knew that there wasn't actually a fire. But we have learned that if we want to cook sausages we need to open the windows and put on the fan haha:)
But I am really grateful for the move because I needed some kind of change. I think I am getting a little bored here in Airdrie but getting a new place has been good for me and given me a new boost to continue working here! I love Airdrie but it's just been hard keeping busy...

Then right after that whole incident we went and did some highway clean up! It was fun but it was super windy and cold so afterwards our faces were frozen!It is extremely windy here in Alberta so that is not new but we aren't usually out in the wind for that long. It also makes it really hard when we are wearing skirts...:)

Then later that day we went tracting for a little bit and came upon a man that was a pretty straight forward with us. He was willing to listen though and Sister Gleason started to bear a very powerful testimony about the Book of Mormon and the spirit was so strong!!!! He felt it too and even took his hat off while she was talking! There was just a power there that is hard to explain and I don't know why it happened right at that moment with that man but maybe that man needed to hear those words. He told us he was open to coming to any church really so we are going to try and go back and see if he read any of it. We don't know if he is really interested but we do know that there was a strong spirit there and we need to go back and see what that meant. It was one of the most bizarre but amazing experiences that I've had while tracting...

We also had another lesson with the Topleys last night!! And guess what?? He has narrowed it down to the month of June!!!!!! So we asked him to pray specifically for the first week in June but we are so happy he is actually getting somewhere!! It is so cool to have been teaching him since I have gotten into the mission and to see how far he has come! I am so excited for him and I am so excited that I will be able to see him be baptized! It truly is an incredible experience to see someone change and come closer to Christ! Sister Topley is so excited too!! I just love it!!!!! Good times!!! And we will be skyping at their house next Sunday so you can meet them:)

I don't remember if I told you this last week, but we do have a few potentials we might start teaching. There are just so many part member families here and I feel like we should focus on them the most right now! Just like the Topleys, it is so much easier for investigators to want to join the church when they already have that support behind them. 

Anyways, the work is great!!! The church is SO true and it brings so much joy!!! Heavenly Father loves you and knows exactly what you are going through and wants to help you through! I love you all so much and can't wait to see you on Sunday!!!! You guys rock!!!

Love,
Sister Hatch

P.S. Mom I am sending you a gift today but I don't know if it will get to you by Mother's Day. But I love you!!!! HAPPY EARLY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Scripture of the week:
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching one thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you.
  Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sinno more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.
D&C 6:32-37

No comments:

Post a Comment