Sunday, October 18, 2015

Transfer News

September 28, 2015

So this weekend has been nonstop fun!!! My new companion is Sister McDonald and she is from Ontario. She has only been a member for 2 1/2 years so she is older like 24 but she is awesome!!! It is weird to be older in the mission than her because she is older than me in real life haha. She just got done being trained so I am greenie busting again!! I can tell this transfer is going to be good!

Saturday we went to the temple and saw some of our members get sealed!! It was the first sealing I have ever been to and it was SO amazing!!! This family has been less active for a really long time, the husband was actually so less active that the ward didn't even know if he was a member or not! But when the daughter got baptized the dad started to come back into activity and now they are all active (except their son who is not a member) and sealed together!! It was so beautiful!! This is truly what missionary work is all about, is seeing families be sealed together forever!

Then we had the Women's Broadcast which was amazing!!!!! I am so excited for General Conference!! We have been so busy lately it has been exhausting so I am ready for the peace that comes with Conference. Plus we get to hear who the new apostles are!! 

We also had another amazing lesson with Sarah on Friday!! She paid her tithing and she is not even baptized! Plus she is going to be able to start coming to church!! I just love her so much!!!! And the member we have been having the lessons with texted us after the lesson and told us that she had no idea why we had chosen her to have the lessons with but that she has been struggling with her testimony lately and has been able to slowly rekindle that testimony she once had. I had no idea this was happening! The Lord really does guide us and I have gained such a testimony of having the right members at lessons! Who knew?? I love this gospel!! It is so true!!!!

It has been an awesome week!!! Dad happy early birthday!!! I am sending you a present today so hopefully it gets to you on time! I love you guys!!!!! Happy General Conference Week!!!!!

Love,
Sister Hatch

 "And they said: Behold, we cannot understand the words which our father hath spoken concerning the natural 
branches of the olive treeand also concerning the Gentiles.
 And said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?
And they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us.
Behold, said unto them: How is it that ye do not keep the commandments of the Lord? How is it that ye will perishbecause of the hardness of your hearts?
Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ywill not harden your hearts, and ask me in faithbelievinthat ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you." (1 Nephi 15:7-11)

The sisters with one of their investigators Valerie.

The Nelson Family who was sealing they went to.

In front of the the Calgary temple with her new companion Sister McDonald.







No comments:

Post a Comment