Sunday, October 18, 2015

September 14, 2015

SO, this week was amazing because one of the Quorum of the Seventy, Elder Martino, came to speak to our mission!! He focused on member missionary work and gave us so many suggestions on how to improve our teaching skills and work with members. And it wasn't like it was anything super new and crazy but I don't think I would have been able to think of it on my own. He rebuked us hardcore but it was so good for me, it was exactly what I needed. I have to admit I had been slacking in waking up on time and Elder Martino laid down the law and said if you aren't even able to wake up on time how can you expect your investigators to change their whole lives. And it was just like MIND BLOWN!!! I know it sounds so simple and obvious but apparently I was being dumb so I am happy to say I have woken up on time everyday since then:) Anyways, I have a new motivation and we have been working our tooshies off with the members lately and let me tell you, we have been having great success!!! Valory came to a relief society activity this week and we weren't even able to make it but the members are so good at including her. Plus we are getting a new investigator today!!! The other sisters in our zone have been teaching this lady for a while now but they just figured out she actually lives in our area so they have to pass her off to us and we are having a lesson with her tonight!! Her name is Sarah and she is SO solid!!! She starting living the word of wisdom before they even taught her that! She grew up in a cult so she has trust issues with religion but she seems pretty committed. We also have lessons set up with every one of our investigators this week even one that I have never met yet so we will see how those go!! I am so pumped for this week!!

I love you guys so much!!! And miss you so much!!!!

Today is God's gift to you - SHINE!!!!!

Love,
Sister Hatch


"And now remember, remember, my brethren, that whosoever perisheth, perisheth unto himself; and whosoever doeth iniquity, doeth it unto himself; for behold, ye are free; ye are permitted to act for yourselves; for behold, God hath given unto you a knowledge and he hath made you free."
(Helaman 14:30)

Sister Hatch and Sister Anthian

No comments:

Post a Comment