Sunday, October 18, 2015

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

October 12,2015

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone!!! And yes they celebrate Thanksgiving just like we do but it is a lot less talked about. Everyone kind of picks a day they want to celebrate it so we already had a Thanksgiving dinner last night and we will have another tonight. I also made my very first pie today!!! It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to make.

This week was pretty awesome!! We had tons of lessons, all with investigators! There were a few lessons that I wasn't here for because we were on exchanges but Sister McDonald told me how it went. So the Ethiopian family that I talked about last time has a girl who is in grade 12 and her name is Nishan. They didn't get to meet with any of the other family members but she was so amazed by everything they taught. I don't know if she is planning on getting baptized any time soon but she is awesome! 

We also had a run in with a psychotic member who said he was going to call the cops on us and said we worshiped the devil so that was also very fun. He had a lot of mental problems so nothing did happen, we just weren't expecting that...

We have also had a lot of little tender mercies that have just shown us that Heavenly Father has truly been watching over us! There is no such thing as coincidence!

The members are so awesome here! I love them so much!!!! I also gave a talk on Sunday and I talked for about 15 minutes. I think that is a record and I didn't even have it written out word for word. This is what a mission does for you:)

We also met a lady who has only one leg and lives on her own so she is possibly a potential but we are going to start with service first. She just moved in next door to us so she needs help unpacking mainly. I am just loving the work!! I am learning a lot of patience this transfer because Sister McDonald is a lot different that Sister Anthian was but it's good for me. We had interviews with President Miles this week and he said he has prayed long and hard about this companionship so I know it is what the Lord wants. I just feel I am making the situation worse a lot of the time... But I just need to think positive. And exchanges this week was a good break from everything. I do love Sister McDonald a lot and good things are happening so I can't complain!

I love you guys!!! I will be looking for that package! You guys are the best!!!:)

Love,
Sister Hatch


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my wayssaith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

The apply pie Sis Hatch made in celebration of Canadian Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment