Wednesday, January 28, 2015

One Big Huge Awkward Moment

January 19,2015
Hey-oh Family-oh!!!

This week has been kind of a bummer because mostly all our appointments with our investigators and potentials cancelled:( But we were able to meet a lot with our members which is always good and do a lot of tracting!! Tracting is always fun because you meet so many interesting people who are usually only half dressed haha!! One guy we tracted into was only wearing a blanket. We were pretty sure he wasn't wearing anything else under it haha!! But yeah that is just the mission life. One big huge awkward moment! It keeps the days interesting though:) We tracted into one guy who just wanted to bible bash us so if we ever go back we need to be prepared. I've never been in a bible bash before so that will be interesting. but even our weekly Sunday night meeting got cancelled with Sister Porter and Brother Topley because they got sick. They still came to church though so that was a plus! 
This week was pretty boring so I don't have much more to say. Our new missionaries in our zone and district are pretty cool! I haven't got to meet them too much yet but I will at P-day today. I cut Sister Kolkova's hair this morning which was pretty insane. And it doesn't look that bad!! She is so crazy and was like "Sister Hatch I chopped off my hair I need your help!" and I was like " I can't cut hair!" But she made me do it anyway and so I cut her hair. We have a lady in the ward that cuts missionaries hair for free so she will probably just go to her to fix it because I don't think it's very even haha!! Sister Kolkova always keeps things entertaining:)
Sorry this is so short... But I am glad to hear you guys are getting all settled in to your new place. Hopefully internet comes soon!! Oh yeah and they are bringing facebook to our mission. We aren't getting ipads and right now only the zone leaders and sister training leaders can only go on facebook but they are going to have a special training for us soon and then we will all be able to go on. I don't know if I am excited or not. We'll see how I like it... 
Have fun unpacking and I will hopefully have more to say next week:) I love you and miss you all!!

Love,
Sister Hatch

Scripture of the week: 
"Thou hast also made our words powerful and great, even that we cannot write them; wherefore when we write we behold our weaknesses, and stumble because of the placing of our words; and I fear lest the Gentiles shall mock at our words.
And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying, Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness."

Ether 12:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment