Sunday, August 16, 2015

Lessons Learned

August 3, 2015
So this week I learned two important lessons: 1) love is the most important thing in missionary work and 2) the Bible has answers to all gospel questions you just have to dig a little deeper to find them sometimes.


So last Monday night we had a lesson (or more like a discussion) with Dawn our investigator and she really had me think about myself as a missionary. Sometimes I feel really pressured to put people on date and she has been taught for the past year by missionaries so we are trying to push her along a little bit to even start going to church and stuff. But then she told us after we had asked a few questions that she didn't feel that we loved her and that was like a dagger to my heart. To be told by your investigator that they don't really feel loved devastated me! I felt like a complete failure as a missionary because that is all I have ever tried to do as a missionary. In the scriptures it says if you don't have charity you are nothing and I felt like nothing in that moment. It was the absolute worst feeling in the world!! But I just had to realize that I am not going to be perfect. I am just going to try harder in spreading the love to all I come in contact with!! All I do is try harder because when the investigators don't feel loved they won't want to progress. There is no exceptions for anyone because everyone is a child of God and deserves the love of God:)

This week it also seemed like everyone was focused on the Bible and getting answers from there. So I did a ton of studying in the Bible this week and truly have come to love the the Bible!! I have never really been a scholar in the Bible and I still am not but now I can say I have become more familiar with the Bible and you can find answers for everything in the Bible. 

I am so grateful for the experiences I have had this week although it has been rough. I have truly learned a lot about myself and how I can improve as a missionary because we are always learning and growing. Just because I am a missionary doesn't mean I am perfect in any aspect so I was just able to have my eyes opened that I need to constantly be trying to see my imperfections and what I need to work on. But the important thing is that we don't let Satan get to us when we recognize all our imperfections:) 

I love the Lord and I love this mission and how much I have learned about myself and the world!! Don't give up!!! The Lord will always love you!!!

Love,
Sister Hatch

P.S. I have heard a rumor that we will be off of Facebook for a while:( Just to let you know!

Scripture of the week:

"And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of thLord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow will deliver you out of bondage." (Mosiah 24:16)
  
Gotta love that tan line


Sister Hatch and her companion Sister Anthian




No comments:

Post a Comment